Today you'll meet my friend, Sarah Chapman, Co-Founder & CEO of Faro Energy. Some Takeaways from today's episode:
- Looking at the C&I solar market in Latin America from a developer perspective
- How to partner with financing sources who are targeting this market
- The transition from boutique social impact investment to mainstream investor interest in Latam
- The importance of diversification and paying attention to energy market dynamics, in particular how they can dramatically change your business model
- And, Sarah's take on What's Hot & What's Not in Latin America DG solar finance
Faro Energy is a solar financing firm focused on the distributed generation market in Latin America. Faro offers long-term solar finance contracts to commercial & industrial customers, and has built a local team of expert solar professionals who are leading the charge in these frontier markets, many of which are in their infancy regarding solar financing or solar energy at all. I've had the pleasure of working with the Faro team for a few years now and can attest to their professionalism, depth of knowledge and local partner model to earning their place in the Latin America DG market. So I was thrilled to finally have Sarah on the show to talk about their roots, and dig into where she sees this market going.
You can get the full show notes and links to books and other resources if you head over to the blog at mysuncast.com.
If you like what you hear, please SHARE it!
SunCast is also brought to you by Solrates. SolRates helps solar installers provide instant online financing quotes for commercial and industrial customers with projects $100K value and up. If you'd like an invitation code to join the platform, please reach out to me directly. Solrates is currently only offered for US-based projects.