Welcome to Tactical Tuesdays, a weekly short-form conversation with subject-matter experts to give you the edge in building your solar business and brand.
This week, we welcome Mika Nuotio of Empower Micro Systems.
Mika and I discuss:
- The nature of how power electronics sector works and implication for solar industry, inverters, etc.
- What changes in UL and NEC standards are driving inverter and module electronics architecture evolution?
- How is safety in power electronics evolving?
- What is UL 1741, how has it evolved and what implications are there for solar technology development? When is compliance required?
- What is Rule 21
- Is the US leading or lagging in terms of grid integration and control standards?
- What is Low-voltage ride-through and why is it important?
- What is Reactive power?
- What is NEC 680.2 & The background behind Rapid-shutdown
- And who is really driving this regulation, and when is compliance required?
Mika really breaks things down to very specific details, but I think he manages to keep it approachable by the layman, which appreciate.
So Tune in, and Tune-up your skills.
Thanks for checking out Tactical Tuesday and please share this episode with someone you think would benefit!
SHARE it with this pre-filled tweet!